The following is a link to an article in Der Spiegel magazine: http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesellschaft/silke-burmester-ueber-sex-a-936386.html. Unfortunately the article is in German so, unless you are conversant with that language, you will have to trust my translation.
The basic thrust of the article is that sex is good for you. Having sex twice a week will boost your immune system by up to 60% and reduce your chances of catching a cold by up to 50%, compared with abstainers. Apparently a bout of sex will provide similar health benefits for your heart and cardiovascular system as a brisk two kilometre walk.
The article’s author then lists the numerous additional benefits that sex can provide:
- Sex with international partners promotes international relations
- Sex stimulates the economy (condoms, post-coital cigarettes, etc.)
- Sex relaxes the mind and body
- Sex decreases the frequency of migraines in women
- Sex improves the complexion
- Sex facilitates reconciliation
- Sex requires minimal training
- Sex produces children, also good for the economy
- Sex improves memory
- Sex burns calories
- Sex reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attack in men
- Sex promotes a feeling of well-being through endorphin release
- Sex strengthens the bond between partners
- Sex reduces the incidence of osteoporosis in women
- Sex is a great way to meet new people
And, last but not least, sex drags you away from the computer. Bye.
Dr. F. Bunny